Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Good News: I just got into World's Toughest Mudder.

Bad News: I just got into World's Toughest Mudder and I actually plan on training for and competing in it.





World's Toughest Mudder is the season finale. It is essentially a 24 hour race where you attempt to complete as many 10 mile laps as possible. The winner is the person who completes the most laps in 24 hours. All remaining competitors have 4 hours to match the same number of total laps. If they do, they are considered finishers. 800 competitors started last year. Somewhere around 300 finished one lap. Most got wiped out by hypothermia as it was held in NJ in December last year. Only 10 people officially finished the race.



I have no idea how to train for this thing at this point but it isn't until December so I have plenty of time. I have it in my head that I can use this thing to raise some money for orphan care so hopefully I can figure out something in that area as well. Perhaps getting pledges per lap or per obstacle or something? Ideas anyone?

Finally, I was able to put all of the video from my last TM into one file. I sped up the video for all of the running and the minor obstacles but it is still kind of long. Might be interesting for some of you as it gives you a real view of what an entire course consists of. Sorry it took so long as it turns out that 2+ hours of high def video pushes the limits of my video editing software. The video isn't all that good but it will have to do. I already spent way to much time on it!




-Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment